Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Luci care, luci belle Cari lumi amate stelle Date calma a questo core. Se per voi sospiro e moro Idol mio, mio bel tesoro Forza e solo del Dio d'amore.
About the headline (FAQ)
- possibly by Pietro Antonio Domenico Bonaventura Trapassi (1698 - 1782), as Pietro Metastasio [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Joel Balzun (b. 1990), "Dio d'amore", 2013 [ soprano and piano ], from Canti della fato e amore, no. 3 [sung text not yet checked]
- by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756 - 1791), "Luci care", K. 346, K. 439a [ SSB trio and three bassethorns ], from Sechs Nocturnos, no. 1 [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Emily Romney) , "Dear lights", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FIN Finnish (Suomi) (Erkki Pullinen) , "Rakkaat silmät", copyright © 2017, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Jeremy Sagnier) , "Chers yeux", copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website: 2009-10-06
Line count: 6
Word count: 30
Chers yeux, beaux yeux, Chers astres, étoiles aimées, Apaisez ce cœur. Si pour vous je soupire et meurs, Mon idole, mon beau trésor, C'est seulement par le pouvoir du Dieu d'amour.
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to French (Français) copyright © 2013 by Jeremy Sagnier, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in Italian (Italiano) possibly by Pietro Antonio Domenico Bonaventura Trapassi (1698 - 1782), as Pietro Metastasio
This text was added to the website: 2013-05-08
Line count: 6
Word count: 31