Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
La violette cyclope se force admirablement d'un beau rouge Solférino. Elle est très parfumée, hâtive et vigoureuse.
- by Lucien Alphonse Daudet (1883 - 1946) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Darius Milhaud (1892 - 1974), "La violette", op. 60 no. 1 (1920), published 1928 [ voice and piano or instrumental ensemble ], from Catalogue de Fleurs, no. 1, Paris, Éd. Durand [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Robert Garrigós) , "La violeta", copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Sharon Krebs) , "The violet", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Franziska Heinzen) , "Das Veilchen", copyright © 2020, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , "Veilchen", copyright © 2020, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 4
Word count: 17
La violeta ciclop es vesteix admirablement d'un bell vermell solferí. És molt perfumada, primerenca i vigorosa.
- Translation from French (Français) to Catalan (Català) copyright © 2013 by Robert Garrigós, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Robert Garrigós.  Contact: robert (AT) garrigos (DOT) catIf you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
This text was added to the website: 2013-09-26
Line count: 4
Word count: 16