Dawn and evening
Language: English after the German (Deutsch)
Dawn and evening
. . . . . . . . . .
[--- The rest of this text is not
currently in the database but will be
added as soon as we obtain it. ---]
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Heinrich Heine (1797 - 1856), no title, appears in Buch der Lieder, in Junge Leiden, in Lieder, no. 1 CAT DUT FRE ITA
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Arshak Andriasov, Elof Benktander, Günter Bialas, János Bókay, Victor Boos von Waldeck, Leon Carolus Bouman, Gerard Bunk, Paul Claussnitzer, Cornelius Hendrick Coster, Leslie Crabtree, Johann Dietz, Gustav Eggers, Arthur Egidi, Jacob Ekström, Catharinus Elling, Rachel van Embden, Erich van Ennes, Richard Farber, Zdenko Antonín Václav Fibich, Carl Theodor Flodin, Robert Franz, Jan Karol Gall, Heinrich Gelhaar, Henri Hartog, Eduard Hecht, Lennart Hedwall, Henrik Hennings, Hedwig Hertz, Caspar René Hirschfeld, William Noel Johnson, Walter Edmond von Kalinowsky, Adolf Fredrik Lindblad, Franz Liszt, Charles Fonteyn Manney, Fritz Marcks, Karl Guido Nakonz, H. Neupert, K. G. Ochsner, Jakob Rosenhain, Robert Schumann, M. Spiro, George Sturm. Go to the text.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation by Franz Hüffer (1843 - 1889) , "Morgens steh' ich auf und frage", appears in Poems Selected from Heinrich Heine, ed. by Kate Freiligrath Kroeker, London: Walter Scott, Limited, page 15, first published 1887 CAT DUT FRE ITA ; composed by William Bertram Collingwood, Florence Hull, William Noel Johnson.
- Also set in English, a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist CAT DUT FRE ITA ; composed by Charles Fonteyn Manney.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), adapted by Joseph Suder (1892 - 1980) [an adaptation] CAT DUT ENG ENG FRE ITA ; composed by Joseph Suder.
- Also set in Romanian (Română), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist CAT DUT ENG ENG FRE ITA ; composed by Sabin Vasile Drăgoi.
- Also set in Swedish (Svenska), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist CAT DUT ENG ENG FRE ITA ; composed by Ragnar Althén, Jacob Ekström.
Text added to the website: 2008-10-31 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:59
Line count: 0
Word count: 0
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works