And if he come again . . . . . . . . . .— The rest of this text is not
currently in the database but will be
added as soon as we obtain it. —
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in French (Français) by Maurice Maeterlinck (1862 - 1949), no title, written 1893, appears in Quinze Chansons, no. 2
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive):
- by Henry Clough-Leighter (1874 - 1956), "And if he come again", op. 44 no. 2, published 1908 [high voice, piano, violin, cello], from Love-Sorrow, no. 2, New York, G. Schirmer
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Friedrich von Oppeln-Bronikowski (1873 - 1936) ITA ; composed by Alexander Zemlinsky.
- Also set in Italian (Italiano), a translation by Vittoria Aganoor Pompilj (1855 - 1910) ENG GER ; composed by Ottorino Respighi.
This page was added to the website: 2018-09-04