Composer: Henry Clough-Leighter (1874 - 1956)
Listing of art song and choral settings in the database
[x] indicates a placeholder for a text that is not yet in the database
Note: A language code in a blue rectangle like ENG indicates that a translation to that language is available.
* indicates that a text cannot (yet?) be displayed on this site because of its copyright status.
A grey rectangle like FRE indicates a particular translation (usually one set to music) exists but isn't yet available.
See Opus Order
Song Cycles, Collections, Symphonies, etc.
- Love-Sorrow, op. 44
- The Day of Beauty
All titles of vocal settings in Alphabetic order
- A love garden (Text: Charles Hanson Towne) [x]
- And if he come again, op. 44 no. 2 (in Love-Sorrow) (Text: Anonymous after Maurice Maeterlinck) [x] GER ITA
- Catawba Wine, op. 1 no. 2 (Text: Henry Wadsworth Longfellow)
- Her songs - my tears, op. 60 (Two Rossetti Lyrics) no. 1 (Text: Christina Georgina Rossetti)
- I drink the fragrance of the rose, op. 19 no. 1 (Text: Charles Hanson Towne)
- It was a lover and his lass (Text: William Shakespeare) FIN FRE GER GER GER
- Love's Magnificat, op. 57 no. 1 (Text: Arthur Symons)
- My lover, he comes on the skee (Text: Anonymous after Volkslieder ) [x]
- O perfect love [x]
- Recessional (Text: Rudyard Kipling)
- Requiescat, op. 57 no. 6 (Text: Oscar Wilde) GER GER RUS
- Robin Redbreast (Text: William Allingham)
- Ròseen-dhu (Text: William Sharp , as Fiona Macleod)
- Roses for the flush of youth (Text: Christina Georgina Rossetti)
- Sea Gypsy, op. 65 no. 1 (Text: Richard Hovey)
- Shadowed in your hand, op. 60 (Two Rossetti Lyrics) no. 2 (Text: Dante Gabriel Rossetti)
- Silent noon (in The Day of Beauty) (Text: Dante Gabriel Rossetti) CAT FRE GER GER POL SPA
- The bells of youth (Text: William Sharp , as Fiona Macleod)
- What comes over the sea (Text: Christina Georgina Rossetti)
- Would I were the Cold Wind (Text: William Sharp , as Fiona Macleod)
Last update: 2021-07-24 18:48:55