Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
Ätherische ferne Stimmen, Der Lerchen himmlische Grüße, Wie regt ihr mir so süße Die Brust, ihr lieblichen Stimmen! Ich schließe leis mein Auge, Da ziehn Erinnerungen In sanften Dämmerungen Durchweht vom Frühlingshauche.
- by Karl August Candidus (1817 - 1872), "Lerchengesang", appears in Vermischte Gedichte, first published 1869 [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "Lerchengesang", op. 70 (Vier Gesänge) no. 2 (1877), published 1877 [voice and piano], Berlin, Simrock [text verified 1 time]
- by Alexander Zemlinsky (1871 - 1942), "Lerchengesang", from Drei Lieder um 1890, no. 2. [text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , title 1: "The larks' song", copyright ©
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , title 1: "Il canto delle allodole", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Le chant des alouettes", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , title 1: "Leeuwerikenzang", copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:23
Line count: 8
Word count: 32
Etherische, verre stemmen, Van leeuw’riken hemelse groeten, Wat wek j' ontroering, zoete, In 't hart, o lieflijke stemmen! Ik sluit nu zacht mijn ogen, Daar zie ‘k herinneringen In tere schemeringen, Door lentewind bevlogen.
- Singable translation from German (Deutsch) to Dutch (Nederlands) copyright © 2014 by Lau Kanen, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Karl August Candidus (1817 - 1872), "Lerchengesang", appears in Vermischte Gedichte, first published 1869
Text added to the website: 2014-07-09 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-07-09 18:30:09
Line count: 8
Word count: 34