Pensa che questo istante Del tuo destin decide; Ch'oggi rinasce Alcide Per la futura età. Pensa che adulto sei, Che sei di Giove un figlio, Che merto e non consiglio La scelta tua sarà.
About the headline (FAQ)
Confirmed with Tutte le opere di Pietro Metastasio, Firenze, Tipografia Borghi e compagni 1832, page 659.
The text appears in "Alcide al Bivio", scena I, Aria di Fronimo
- by Pietro Antonio Domenico Bonaventura Trapassi (1698 - 1782), as Pietro Metastasio, no title, written 1760, appears in Alcide al Bivio [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Mikhail Ivanovich Glinka (1804 - 1857), "Pensa, che questo istante", also set in Russian (Русский) [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Franz Peter Schubert (1797 - 1828), "Pensa, che questo istante", D 76 (1813) [ bass and piano ], First version published 1969, second version published 1871 [sung text checked 1 time]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in Russian (Русский), a translation by V. Rozhdestvensky ; composed by Mikhail Ivanovich Glinka.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , "Pensa que aquest instant", copyright © 2017, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Laura Prichard) , "Consider, that this very moment", copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Pense que cet instant", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Research team for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator] , Peter Rastl [Guest Editor]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 8
Word count: 34