Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Lasset uns unser Herz samt den Händen aufheben zu Gott im Himmel.
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Bible or other Sacred Texts , Lamentations of Jeremiah 3:41. [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- [ None yet in the database ]
This text (or a part of it) is used in a work
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "Warum ist das Licht gegeben den Mühseligen", op. 74 no. 1 (1877) [satb chorus], from Zwei Motetten, no. 1..
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Natalie Macfarren) , published 1879
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , Lamentations 3:41, copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Virginia Knight
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 2
Word count: 12
Laten wij ons hart met de handen Verheffen tot God [in de]1 hemel.
About the headline (FAQ)View original text (without footnotes)
1 bij Brahms te zingen op twee achtste noten.
- Singable translation from German (Deutsch) to Dutch (Nederlands) copyright © 2015 by Lau Kanen, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., please ask the copyright-holder(s) directly.
Lau Kanen.  Contact: lcpkanen (AT) gmail (DOT) com
If the copyright-holder(s) are unreachable for three business days, please write to:
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Bible or other Sacred Texts , Lamentations of Jeremiah 3:41.
This text was added to the website: 2015-11-03
Line count: 2
Word count: 13