Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
Alme d’amor rubelle Che con leggiadri suoni e dolci accenti Frenar potete i venti. E invaghite di voi l’ardenti stelle: Beato chi v’ascolta e chi vi mira Beato chi per voi langue e sospira.
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Carlo Gesualdo da Venosa (c1561 - 1613), "Alme d’amor rubelle", published 1611 [chorus], madrigal for five voices [text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Esprits d'amour rebelles", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Bertram Kottmann
Text added to the website: 2015-12-13 00:00:00
Last modified: 2015-12-13 18:54:27
Line count: 6
Word count: 34
Esprits d'amour rebelles Qui avec des sons légers et de doux accents Pouvez ralentir les vents, Et faire tomber amoureux de vous les étoiles scintillantes, Bienheureux soit celui qui vous écoute et vous voit. Bienheureux soit celui qui pour vous languit et soupire.
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to French (Français) copyright © 2015 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
Text added to the website: 2015-12-17 00:00:00
Last modified: 2015-12-17 20:34:45
Line count: 6
Word count: 43