Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Benedictus es, Domine, qui intueris abyssos et sedes super Cherubim, benedictus es, Domine, in firmamento coeli et laudabilis in saecula. Allelujah!
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Franz Peter Schubert (1797 - 1828), "Graduale", op. posth. 150, D 184 (1815), published c1843 [ mixed chorus, organ, and orchestra ], A. Diabelli & Co., VN 7973, Wien [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) (Lau Kanen) , "Graduale"
- ENG English (Laura Prichard) , "Gradual", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Graduel", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Guy Laffaille [Guest Editor]
This text was added to the website: 2011-11-06
Line count: 7
Word count: 21
Blessed art Thou, O Lord, who fathoms the depths and sits above the Cherubim, blessed art Thou, O Lord, in the firmament of the heavens and praiseworthy [are you] on earth. Hallelujah!
- Translation from Latin to English copyright © 2015 by Laura Prichard, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
This text was added to the website: 2015-12-27
Line count: 7
Word count: 32