Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
CORO: Placido è il mar, andiamo; Tutto ci rassicura. Felice avrem ventura, Sù,sù, partiamo or or'. ELETTRA: Soavi zeffiri Soli spirate, Del freddo borea L'ira calmate. D'aura piacevole Cortesi siate, Se da voi spargesi Per tutto amor.
- by Gianbattista Varesco (1735 - 1805) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756 - 1791), "Placido è il mar, andiamo", from the opera Idomeneo, no. 15 [ sung text checked 1 time]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist ENG FRE ; composed by Franz Wilhelm Abt.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Collet Dobson Collet)
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "La mer est paisible, allons", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Research team for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator] , Guy Laffaille [Guest Editor] , Andrew Schneider [Guest Editor]
Text added to the website: 2017-12-30 00:00:00
Last modified: 2018-01-03 10:42:47
Line count: 14
Word count: 37
Chœur : La mer est paisible, allons, Tout ici est rassurant. Nous aurons une heureuse traversée, Allons, allons, partons maintenant. Elettra Doux zéphyrs, Soufflez seulement, Du froid Borée Calmez la colère. D'un souffle agréable Soyez généreux, Que par vous soit répandu Partout l'amour.
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to French (Français) copyright © 2018 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
Text added to the website: 2018-01-03 00:00:00
Last modified: 2018-01-03 11:04:39
Line count: 14
Word count: 43