Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Mir lächelt kein Frühling, mir strahlt keine Sonne, mir blüht keine Blume, für mich ist alles dahin!
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "Mir lächelt kein Frühling", WoO. 25, published 1881. [vocal quartet for female voices] [ sung text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "Naar mij lacht geen lente", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (unknown or anonymous translator)
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Pour moi, aucun printemps ne sourit", copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website: 2012-11-10
Line count: 4
Word count: 17
Naar mij lacht geen lente, Naar mij straalt geen zonlicht, Voor mij bloeit ook geen bloempje, Voor mij is alles voorbij!
- Singable translation from German (Deutsch) to Dutch (Nederlands) copyright © 2018 by Lau Kanen, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., please ask the copyright-holder(s) directly.
Lau Kanen.  Contact: lcpkanen (AT) gmail (DOT) com
If the copyright-holder(s) are unreachable for three business days, please write to:
This text was added to the website: 2018-03-14
Line count: 4
Word count: 21