Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
Mir lächelt kein Frühling, mir strahlt keine Sonne, mir blüht keine Blume, für mich ist alles dahin!
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "Mir lächelt kein Frühling", WoO. 25, published 1881. [vocal quartet for female voices] [ sung text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "Naar mij lacht geen lente", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (unknown or anonymous translator)
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Pour moi, aucun printemps ne sourit", copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Text added to the website: 2012-11-10 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:31
Line count: 4
Word count: 17
Pour moi, aucun printemps ne sourit, Pour moi, aucun soleil ne brille, Pour moi, aucune fleur ne sourit, Pour moi, tout est fini !
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to French (Français) copyright © 2013 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
Text added to the website: 2013-10-03 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:05:21
Line count: 4
Word count: 24