Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Come il candore D'intatta neve È d'un bel core La fedeltà. Un'orma sola Che in sé riceve Tutta ne invola La sua beltà.
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Pietro Antonio Domenico Bonaventura Trapassi (1698 - 1782), as Pietro Metastasio, written 1730, appears in Alessandro nell'Indie [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Joel Balzun (b. 1990), "Il candore d'un core", 2013 [ soprano and piano ], from Canti della fato e amore, no. 2 [sung text not yet checked]
- by Georg Friedrich Händel (1685 - 1759), "Come il candore", HWV 28, first performed 1731, from opera Poro, re dell'Indie [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Nicola Vaccaj (1790 - 1848), "Introduzione alle volate", from Metodo pratico di Canto Italiano, no. 10, note: Questa lezione si comincerà col prendere il tempo Adagio poi si affretterà fino all'Allegro secondo l'abilità dell'allievo. [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Andrew Schneider) , copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Research team for this text: Alberto Pedrotti , Andrew Schneider [Guest Editor]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 8
Word count: 23
How the purity of an undisturbed patch of snow is like a loving heart's faithfulness! It takes only one footprint to rob it of all that is beautiful.
About the headline (FAQ)
Translations of title(s):
"Come il candore" = "How the purity"
"Introduzione alle volate" = "Introduction to runs"
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to English copyright © 2018 by Andrew Schneider, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in Italian (Italiano) by Pietro Antonio Domenico Bonaventura Trapassi (1698 - 1782), as Pietro Metastasio, written 1730, appears in Alessandro nell'Indie
This text was added to the website: 2018-05-16
Line count: 7
Word count: 28