Thank you for visiting!
If you haven't already, please consider donating.
Visitor donations keep us online and growing!
Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Nel cor più non mi sento Brillar la gioventù; Cagion del mio tormento, Amor, sei colpa tu. Mi pizzichi, mi stuzzichi, Mi pungichi, mi mastichi; Che cosa è Questo ahimè? Pietà, pietà, pietà! Amore è un certo che, Che disperar mi fa.
- by Giuseppe Palomba (flourished 1769-1825) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive):
- by Giovanni Paisiello (1740 - 1816), "Nel cor più non mi sento", R 1.76, from opera La molinara [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Andrew Schneider) , "I no longer feel within my heart", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , "Im Herzen fühle ich nicht länge", copyright © 2004, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- POR Portuguese (Português) (Débora Letícia Batista) , "No coração não mais sinto", copyright ©, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Aminta Iriarte) , "Ya no siento en el corazón", copyright © 2003, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Juan Henríquez Concepción) , copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 11
Word count: 42
I no longer feel within my heart the accustomed brightness of my youth, O Love, it's your fault that I feel so tormented. You pinch me, you poke me, you prick me, you grind me. What is this, alas? Have pity, I beg! Love is a certain something which arouses in me despair.
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to English copyright © 2018 by Andrew Schneider, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in Italian (Italiano) by Giuseppe Palomba (flourished 1769-1825)
This text was added to the website: 2018-06-14
Line count: 10
Word count: 53