Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
Lauter Freude fühl' ich, Lauter Liebe hör' ich, Ich so überglücklich Fröhlich spielend Kind. Dort der gute Vater, Hier die liebe Mutter, Rundherum wir Kinder [Froh und fröhlich sind.]1
1 Final line supplemented by Reinhard van Hoorickx; Schubert's fragment breaks off after repetition of the preceding line.
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Franz Peter Schubert (1797 - 1828), "Lied eines Kindes", D 596 (1817), published 1895 [ voice and piano ], fragment; completed by Reinhard van Hoorickx [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , "Cançó d’un infant", copyright © 2019, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "Lied van een kind", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Malcolm Wren) , "A child's song", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Chant d'un enfant", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Research team for this text: Guy Laffaille [Guest Editor] , Peter Rastl [Guest Editor]
Text added to the website: 2010-03-04 00:00:00
Last modified: 2017-09-02 15:51:02
Line count: 8
Word count: 29
Sento només pura joia, escolto només pur amor, sóc molt feliç, un infant jugant alegrament. Allà hi ha el meu bon pare, aquí la meva estimada mare, tot a l’entorn, nosaltres infants estem alegres i contents.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Catalan (Català) copyright © 2019 by Salvador Pila, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
Text added to the website: 2019-02-02 00:00:00
Last modified: 2019-02-02 13:19:07
Line count: 8
Word count: 36