Up from Earth's Centre through the Seventh Gate I rose, and on the Throne of Saturn sate, And many a Knot unravel’d by the Road; But not the Master-knot of Human Fate.
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Edward Fitzgerald (1809 - 1883), appears in The Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám, Fourth Edition, no. 31, appears in The Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám, Third Edition, no. 31 [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
- a text in Persian (Farsi) by Hakim Omar Khayyám (c1048 - c1122) [text unavailable]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- [ None yet in the database ]
This text (or a part of it) is used in a work
- by Henry Houseley (1852? - 1925), "Part 4", published 1917 [ soli, chorus, orchestra ], from cantata Omar Khayyám, no. 4, New York : H. W. Gray
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation by Edward Fitzgerald (1809 - 1883) , no title, appears in The Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám, First Edition, no. 31, appears in The Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám, Second Edition, no. 34, first edition, first published 1859 ; composed by Granville Ransome Bantock, Sir.
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website: 2020-07-10
Line count: 4
Word count: 32