Assez vu. La vision s'est rencontrée à tous les airs. Assez eu. Rumeurs des Villes, le soir, et au soleil, et toujours. Assez connu. Les arrêts de la vie. Ô Rumeurs et Visions! Départ dans l'affection et le bruit neufs!
- by (Jean Nicholas) Arthur Rimbaud (1854 - 1891), "Départ", written 1873-5, appears in Les Illuminations [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive):
- by (Edward) Benjamin Britten (1913 - 1976), "Départ", op. 18 no. 9 (1939), published 1940 [ high voice and strings ], from Les Illuminations, no. 9 [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Philippe Hersant (b. 1948), "Départ", 1998 [ mixed chorus a cappella ], from Allegories, no. 3, Éditions Durand [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Judith Lang Zaimont , "Départ", 1974, first performed 1975 [ high voice and piano ], from Chansons nobles et sentimentales, no. 5 [sung text not yet checked]
- by Pascal Zavaro (b. 1959), "Départ", published 2006 [ medium voice and guitar ], from Sensation, sur un texte d'Arthur Rimbaud, pour soprano et guitare, no. 4, Éd. Gérard Billaudot [sung text not yet checked]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CHI Chinese (中文) (Yen-Chiang Che) , "離別", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Ahmed E. Ismail) , "Departure", copyright © 2004, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (José Miguel Llata) , "Partida", copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 4
Word count: 40