Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Assez vu. La vision s'est rencontrée à tous les airs. Assez eu. Rumeurs des Villes, le soir, et au soleil, et toujours. Assez connu. Les arrêts de la vie. Ô Rumeurs et Visions! Départ dans l'affection et le bruit neufs!
- by (Jean Nicholas) Arthur Rimbaud (1854 - 1891), "Départ", written 1873-5, appears in Les Illuminations [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive):
- by (Edward) Benjamin Britten (1913 - 1976), "Départ", op. 18 no. 9 (1939), published 1940 [ high voice and strings ], from Les Illuminations, no. 9 [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Philippe Hersant (b. 1948), "Départ", 1998 [ mixed chorus a cappella ], from Allegories, no. 3, Éditions Durand [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Judith Lang Zaimont , "Départ", 1974, first performed 1975 [ high voice and piano ], from Chansons nobles et sentimentales, no. 5 [sung text not yet checked]
- by Pascal Zavaro (b. 1959), "Départ", published 2006 [ medium voice and guitar ], from Sensation, sur un texte d'Arthur Rimbaud, pour soprano et guitare, no. 4, Éd. Gérard Billaudot [sung text not yet checked]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CHI Chinese (中文) (Yen-Chiang Che) , "離別", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Ahmed E. Ismail) , "Departure", copyright © 2004, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (José Miguel Llata) , "Partida", copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 4
Word count: 40
看夠了。已經看過所有各式各樣的景象了。 體驗夠了。城市的呢喃 在黃昏中、在陽光下、在永恆裏。 瞭解夠了。生命的判決。哦！呢喃和景象！ 在新的情感和新的噪音裏，離別！
- Translation from French (Français) to Chinese (中文) copyright © 2009 by Yen-Chiang Che, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Yen-Chiang Che.  Contact: g851701 (AT) hotmail (DOT) comIf you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
- a text in French (Français) by (Jean Nicholas) Arthur Rimbaud (1854 - 1891), "Départ", written 1873-5, appears in Les Illuminations
This text was added to the website: 2009-06-11
Line count: 4
Word count: 5