1 [Alleluja.] Laudate Dominum de cælis; laudate eum in excelsis. 2 Laudate eum, omnes angeli ejus; laudate eum, omnes virtutes ejus. 3 Laudate eum, sol et luna; laudate eum, omnes stellæ et lumen. 4 Laudate eum, cæli cælorum; et aquæ omnes quæ super cælos sunt, 5 laudent nomen Domini. Quia ipse dixit, et facta sunt; ipse mandavit, et creata sunt. 6 Statuit ea in æternum, et in sæculum sæculi; præceptum posuit, et non præteribit. 7 Laudate Dominum de terra, dracones et omnes abyssi; 8 ignis, grando, nix, glacies, spiritus procellarum, quæ faciunt verbum ejus; 9 montes, et omnes colles; ligna fructifera, et omnes cedri; 10 bestiæ, et universa pecora; serpentes, et volucres pennatæ; 11 reges terræ et omnes populi; principes et omnes judices terræ; 12 juvenes et virgines; senes cum junioribus, laudent nomen Domini: 13 quia exaltatum est nomen ejus solius. 14 Confessio ejus super cælum et terram; et exaltavit cornu populi sui. Hymnus omnibus sanctis ejus; filiis Israël, populo appropinquanti sibi. Alleluja.
- by Bible or other Sacred Texts , "Psalmus 148" [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
- [ None yet in the database ]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation by Bible or other Sacred Texts , "Psalm 148", King James Version GER GER ; composed by Ned Rorem.
- Also set in English, a translation by John Pullain , from The Scottish Psalter of 1635 [an adaptation] GER GER ; composed by Gary Bachlund.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Johann Andreas Kramer [an adaptation] ENG ENG ; composed by Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- GER German (Deutsch) (Martin Luther) , "Psalm 148"
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website: 2009-05-13
Line count: 19
Word count: 163
1 Praise ye the LORD. Praise ye the LORD from the heavens: praise him in the heights. 2 Praise ye him, all his angels: praise ye him, all his hosts. 3 Praise ye him, sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars of light. 4 Praise [ye]1 him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters that be above the heavens. 5 Let them praise the name of the LORD: for he commanded, and they were created. 6 He hath also stablished them for ever and ever: he hath made a decree which shall not pass. 7 Praise [ye]1 the LORD from the earth, ye dragons, and all deeps: 8 Fire, and hail; snow, and vapour; stormy wind fulfilling his word: 9 Mountains, and all hills; fruitful trees, and all cedars: 10 Beasts, and all cattle; creeping things, and flying fowl: 11 Kings of the earth, and all people; princes, and all judges of the earth: 12 Both young men, and maidens; old men, and children: 13 Let them praise the name of the LORD: for his name alone is excellent; his glory is above the earth and heaven. 14 He also exalteth the horn of his people, the praise of all his saints; even of the children of Israel, a people near unto him. Praise ye the LORD.
1 added by Rorem.
- by Bible or other Sacred Texts , "Psalm 148", King James Version [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Researcher for this text: Barbara Miller
This text was added to the website: 2004-04-27
Line count: 19
Word count: 218