Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Pur dicesti, o bocca bella, Quel soave e caro sì, Che fatutto il mio piacer. Per onor di sua facella Con un bacio Amor t'aprì, Dolce fonte del goder, ah!
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Andrew Schneider) , "Surely you have said it", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , "Du sagtest doch, du schöner Mund", copyright © 2004, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- POR Portuguese (Português) (Débora Letícia Batista) , "Assim disseste, ó boca bela", copyright ©, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Diego S. Loyola) , "Sin embargo dijiste", copyright © 2003, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 6
Word count: 30
Du sagtest doch, du schöner Mund, dieses süße und teure Ja, das mir große Freude bereitet. Seiner Fackel zu Ehren öffnete dir Amor mit einem Kuss den süßen Quell der Freude.
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to German (Deutsch) copyright © 2004 by Bertram Kottmann, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Bertram Kottmann.  Contact: BKottmann (AT) t-online.deIf you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
This text was added to the website: 2004-05-26
Line count: 6
Word count: 32