1 [In finem, in hymnis. Psalmus cantici David.] 2 Deus misereatur nostri, et benedicat nobis; illuminet vultum suum super nos, et misereatur nostri: 3 ut cognoscamus in terra viam tuam, in omnibus gentibus salutare tuum. 4 Confiteantur tibi populi, Deus: confiteantur tibi populi omnes. 5 Lætentur et exsultent gentes, quoniam judicas populos in æquitate, et gentes in terra dirigis. 6 Confiteantur tibi populi, Deus: confiteantur tibi populi omnes. 7 Terra dedit fructum suum: benedicat nos Deus, Deus noster! 8 Benedicat nos Deus, et metuant eum omnes fines terræ.
- by Bible or other Sacred Texts , "Psalmus 66 (67)" [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- [ None yet in the database ]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist , "Psalm 67" [an adaptation] GER GER ; composed by Colin Hand.
- Also set in English, a translation by Bible or other Sacred Texts DUT GER GER ; composed by Christopher Tye.
- Also set in English, a translation by Matthew Parker, Archbishop (1504 - 1575) , first published 1567 [an adaptation] GER GER ; composed by Thomas Tallis.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist ENG ENG ENG ; composed by Carl Gottlieb Hering.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- GER German (Deutsch) (Martin Luther) , "Psalm 66 (67)"
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website: 2005-09-02
Line count: 17
Word count: 88