Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
Selig sind die Toten, die in dem [Herrn]1 sterben, von nun an. Ja der Geist [spricht, daß sie]2 ruhen von ihrer Arbeit; [denn]3 ihre Werke folgen ihnen nach.
About the headline (FAQ)View original text (without footnotes)
1 Schütz: "Herren"
2 Schütz: "spricht:/ sie"
3 Schütz: "und"
- by Bible or other Sacred Texts , from Revelation 14:13 [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "Selig sind die Toten", op. 45 no. 7 [chorus, orchestra], from Ein deutsches Requiem, no. 7. [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Martin Frey (1872 - 1946), "Selig sind die Toten, die in dem Herrn sterben", op. 47, published 1915 [four-part mixed chorus a cappella], Leipzig: Steingräber Verlag [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Heinrich Schütz (1585 - 1672), "Selig sind die Toten", SWV. 391. [chorus] [ sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , "Benaurats siguin els difunts", copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "Zalig zijn de doden", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Ahmed E. Ismail) , copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- EST Estonian (Eesti keel) (Bible or other Sacred Texts)
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "Beati coloro che sono morti", copyright © 2006, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Ahmed E. Ismail
Text added to the website: 2006-01-02 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:16
Line count: 6
Word count: 28
Beati coloro che sono morti perché fin da ora Riposano nel Signore. Come ha detto lo Spirito, riposano dalle loro fatiche; e le loro opere sopravviveranno.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2006 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Bible or other Sacred Texts , from Revelation 14:13
Text added to the website: 2006-05-08 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:18
Line count: 6
Word count: 26