Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Ai que linda moça sai d'aquela choça, loira e engraçada leva arregaçada a saia encarnada de chita grosseira E cantarolando vai gentil guiando, seu ditoso gado, seu rebanho amado sempre enamorado da canção fagueira Tudo são tristezas tristezas e dor tudo são tristezas para o meu amor
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Ernesto Halffter Escriche (1905 - 1989), "Ai que linda moça", 1940-1, from Seis Canciones Portuguesas, no. 2. [text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Manuel Halffter) , title 1: "Oh, what a lovely young girl", copyright © 2006, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Juan Henríquez Concepción) , title 1: "Ay que linda moza", copyright © 2007, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , title 1: "Ach welch hübsches Mädchen", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Anne Evans
This text was added to the website: 2006-10-19
Line count: 16
Word count: 47
Ay que linda moza Sal de aquella choza, Rubia y graciosa Lleva remangado El vestido encarnado De grueso algodón. Y canturreando Va gentil guiando, Su dichoso ganado Su rebaño amado Siempre enamorado De la canción zalamera. Todo son tristezas Tristezas y dolor Todos son tristezas Para mi amor.
- Translation from Portuguese (Português) to Spanish (Español) copyright © 2007 by Juan Henríquez Concepción, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Juan Henríquez Concepción. We have no current contact information for the copyright-holder.
If you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
This text was added to the website: 2007-12-06
Line count: 16
Word count: 48