La lune s'est levée . . . . . . . . . .— The rest of this text is not
currently in the database but will be
added as soon as we obtain it. —
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Heinrich Heine (1797 - 1856), no title, appears in Buch der Lieder, in Die Heimkehr, no. 9
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Robert Caby (1905 - 1992), "La lune s'est levée", 1938, published 1991?, from Les lieds de Henri Heine: cycle de 23 lieder et interludes, no. 6
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation by James Thomson (1834 - 1882) , "Der Mond ist aufgegangen", appears in Poems Selected from Heinrich Heine, ed. by Kate Freiligrath Kroeker, p. 91, first published 1887 FRE FRE ; composed by John Guthrie.
- Also set in French (Français), a translation by Georges Clerc ENG ENG ; composed by André Messager.
Text added to the website: 2008-02-09 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:36
Line count: 0
Word count: 0