Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
Golden lacht und glüht der Morgen Über maiengrünen Höh'n, Und [du, Seele, sinnst]1 voll Sorgen, Und die Welt ist doch so schön! Vöglein singen, Glocken schlagen, [Blütenlicht durchflammt]2 das Land. Wirf dein [Zagen und dein Klagen]3 [Herz]4, in diesen Freudenbrand!
1 Wolf: "die Seele bricht"
2 Wolf: "Blütenduft durchzieht"
3 Wolf: "Klagen und dein Zagen"
4 Wolf: "Ganz"
- by Ludwig Auerbach , "Der goldene Morgen" [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , title 1: "Il mattino dorato", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Sharon Krebs) , title 1: "The golden morning", copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title unknown, copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Research team for this text: Alberto Pedrotti , Sharon Krebs [Guest Editor]
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:16
Line count: 8
Word count: 40
Sorride nel suo ardore dorato il mattino Sopra le alture rinverdite dal Maggio. Ma l'anima si spezza per l'ansia, anche se il mondo appare così bello. Cantano uccelli, rintoccano campane, e un profumo di fiori ovunque si diffonde. Dubbi e lamenti, abbandonali adesso In questo momento tutto di gioia ardente.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2008 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
Text added to the website: 2008-07-23 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:48
Line count: 8
Word count: 50