It's all I have to bring today -- This, and my heart beside -- This, and my heart, and all the fields -- And all the meadows wide -- Be sure you count -- should I forget Some one the sum could tell -- This, and my heart, and all the Bees Which in the Clover dwell.
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Emily Dickinson (1830 - 1886), no title, appears in Poems by Emily Dickinson, first published 1896 [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Dace Aperans (b. 1953), "It's all I have to bring today", 1994, from Three Songs with poems by Emily Dickinson, no. 1 [sung text not yet checked]
- by Ernst Bacon (1898 - 1990), "It's all I have to bring", alternate title: "This and my heart", 1940-44, published 1944 [ high voice and piano ], from Five Poems by Emily Dickinson, no. 1 [sung text checked 1 time]
- by John Brodbin Kennedy , "It's all I have to bring today", published 1973 [ SSA chorus a cappella ] [sung text not yet checked]
- by David Sisco , "It's all I have to bring today", 2007 [ soprano and piano ], from Love is..., no. 5 [sung text not yet checked]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , copyright © 2020, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 8
Word count: 51