Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Weit und breit schaut niemand mich an, und wenn sie mich hassen, was liegt mir dran? Nur mein Schatz der soll mich lieben allezeit, soll mich küssen, umarmen und herzen in Ewigkeit. Kein Stern blickt in finsterer Nacht; keine Blum mir strahlt in duftiger Pracht. Deine Augen sind mir Blumen Sternenschein, die mir leuchten so freundlich, die blühen nur mir allein.
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Hugo Conrat (1845 - 1906) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "Weit und breit schaut niemand mich an", op. 103 no. 9 (1887/8), published 1888 [ voice or SATB chorus, piano ], from Zigeunerlieder, no. 9, Berlin, Simrock [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , copyright © 2019
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "Per ogni dove nessuno di me si cura", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Ivo Zandhuis
This text was added to the website: 2005-08-16
Line count: 8
Word count: 61
Per ogni dove nessuno di me si cura, e se anche mi odiasse, cosa me ne importa? Solo il mio tesoro deve sempre amarmi, e darmi baci, e stringermi in eterno al cuore. Nessuna stella brilla nella notte oscura; nessun fiore risplende con il suo profumo. Ma gli occhi tuoi sono per me fiori e splendore di stella, una luce benigna, che per me solo fiorisce.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2009 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
This text was added to the website: 2009-02-23
Line count: 8
Word count: 66