Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Nun hast du alles mir gegeben, Was [dir verblieb]1, Und flüsterst nur noch unter Beben: Behalt mich lieb! Nun lös' ich leise dir die Hände Und atme kaum -- O Wunder du ohn' alles Ende . . . . O Märchentraum!
Confirmed with Meine Welt. Gedichte von Kurt Holm (1880-1899), Berlin: Verlag von S. Calvary & Co., 1900, page 91.1 von Procházka: "mir noch blieb"
- by Benno Kähler (b. 1871), as Kurt Holm, "Liebestraum", appears in Meine Welt, in Meine Sultanin, first published 1900 [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Rudolph, Freiherr von Procházka (1864 - 1936), "Liebestraum", op. 18 (Neun Lieder und Gesänge für eine Singstimme mit Begleitung des Pianoforte) no. 8 [ voice and piano ] [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Sharon Krebs) , "Dream of love", copyright © 2020, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Research team for this text: Sharon Krebs [Guest Editor] , Andrew Schneider [Guest Editor]
This text was added to the website: 2017-12-29
Line count: 8
Word count: 40
Now you have given me everything That [you still had]1, And, trembling, you now only whisper: Keep on loving me! Now I gently loosen your hands for you And scarcely breathe -- Oh you wonder without any end . . . . Oh fairy-tale dream!
1 von Procházka: "I still had"
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to English copyright © 2020 by Sharon Krebs, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Benno Kähler (b. 1871), as Kurt Holm, "Liebestraum", appears in Meine Welt, in Meine Sultanin, first published 1900
This text was added to the website: 2020-03-17
Line count: 8
Word count: 44