Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Ricordi ancora il dì che c'incontrammo, Le tue promesse le ricordi ancor...? Folle d'amore io ti seguii ...ci amammo, E accanto a te sognai, folle d'amor. Sognai felice, di carezze a baci Una catena dileguante in ciel; Ma le parole tue... furon mendaci... Perchè l'anima tua è fatta di gel. Te ne ricordi ancor? Te ne ricordi ancor? Or la mia fede, il desiderio immenso Il mio sogno d'amor...non sei più tu: I tuoi baci non cerco, a te non penso... Sogno un altro ideal; non t'amo più. Nei cari giorni che pasamo ineieme Io cosparsi di fiori il tuo sentier Tu fosti del mio cor l'unica speme Tu della mente l'unico pensier Tu m'hai visto pregare, impallidire, Piangere tu mhai visto innanzi a te Io sol per appagare un tuo desire Avrei dato il mio sangue a la mia fè... Te ne ricordi ancor? Te ne ricordi ancor? Or la mia fede, il desiderio immenso Il mio sogno d'amor...non sei più tu: I tuoi baci non cerco, a te non penso... Sogno un altro ideal; non t'amo più.
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Carmelo Errico (1848 - 1892) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Francesco Paolo Tosti (1846 - 1916), "Ricordi ancora il dì che c'incontrammo", from Non t'amo più, no. 1. [ sung text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Madeleine Gotschlich) , title 1: "Do you still remember the day that we met", copyright © 2017, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Danilo Serrano) , copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Research team for this text: Mario Giuseppe Genesi , Danilo Serrano
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 28
Word count: 179
Do you still remember the day that we met; Do you still remember your promises? Crazy from love I followed you, we were enamored with each other And I dreamed next to you, crazy from love. I dreamed, happily, of caresses and kisses A chain fading away into the sky: But your words were misleading, Because your soul is made of ice. Do you still remember? Do you still remember? Now my faith, my immense desire; My dream of love isn’t you anymore: I don’t search for your kisses, I don’t think of you. I dream of another ideal; I don’t love you anymore. In the dear days that we spent together I scattered flowers at your feet You were the only hope of my heart You were the only thought in my mind You watched me beg, turning pale You watched me cry before you Only to satisfy your desire, I Had given my blood and my faith. Do you still remember? Do you still remember? Now my faith, my immense desire; My dream of love isn’t you anymore: I don’t search for your kisses, I don’t think of you. I dream of another ideal; I don’t love you anymore.
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to English copyright © 2017 by Madeleine Gotschlich, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
This text was added to the website: 2017-06-12
Line count: 28
Word count: 201