Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
In Sommertagen Rüste den Schlitten, Und deinen Wagen In Winters Mitten!
- by Friedrich Rückert (1788 - 1866) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Robert Schumann (1810 - 1856), "In Sommertagen", op. 65 no. 6 (1847), published 1849 [ TTBB chorus ], from Ritornelle in canonischen Weisen, no. 6, Leipzig, Breitkopf und Härtel [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , "En els dies d’estiu", copyright © 2020, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "Op zomerdagen", copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Bertram Kottmann) , copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Jour d'été", copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "Nei giorni dell'estate", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Dr. Gerrit den Hartogh
This text was added to the website: 2004-07-03
Line count: 4
Word count: 11
In summer so far make ready the sleigh, summ'rize your car on a midwinter's day!
About the headline (FAQ)
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to English copyright © 2009 by Bertram Kottmann, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Bertram Kottmann.  Contact: BKottmann (AT) t-online.deIf you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
This text was added to the website: 2009-12-09
Line count: 4
Word count: 15