Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
In Sommertagen Rüste den Schlitten, Und deinen Wagen In Winters Mitten!
- by Friedrich Rückert (1788 - 1866) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Robert Schumann (1810 - 1856), "In Sommertagen", op. 65 no. 6 (1847), published 1849 [TTBB chorus], from Ritornelle in canonischen Weisen, no. 6, Leipzig, Breitkopf und Härtel [ sung text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "Op zomerdagen", copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Bertram Kottmann) , copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Jour d'été", copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "Nei giorni dell'estate", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Dr. Gerrit den Hartogh
Text added to the website: 2004-07-03 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:08
Line count: 4
Word count: 11
Nei giorni dell'estate Prepara la slitta, ed il tuo carro, nel pieno dell'inverno.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2009 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
Text added to the website: 2009-06-10 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:03:15
Line count: 4
Word count: 13