Sonata Soprano and Chorus My song shall be alway of the loving kindness of the Lord; with my mouth will I ever be shewing thy truth from one generation to another. The Heav'ns shall praise thy wond'rous works, and thy truth in the congregation of the saints. Tenor For who is he among the clouds that shall be compared unto the Lord? And what is he among the Gods that shall be like unto the Lord? Soprano, Tenor and Bass God is very greatly to be feared in the counsel of the saints, and to be had in reverence of all that are round about him. O Lord, God of hosts, who is like unto thee? Thy truth, most mighty Lord, is on ev'ry side. Alto and Bass. Duet The heav'ns are thine, the earth also is thine; thou has laid the foundation of the round world. Chorus Righteousness and equity are the habitation of thy seat; mercy and truth shall go before thy face. Soprano Blessed is the people, O Lord, that can rejoice in thee; they shall walk in the light of thy countenance. Chorus Thou art the glory of their strength. Alleluja.
- by Bible or other Sacred Texts [an adaptation] [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Georg Friedrich Händel (1685 - 1759), "Chandos Anthem no. 7: My song shall be alway of the loving kindness" [ sung text checked 1 time]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation by Bible or other Sacred Texts , lines 2, 6-8, 9-10, 14-15 of the psalm [an adaptation] FRE GER ; composed by Henry Purcell.
- Also set in English, a translation by Bible or other Sacred Texts , "Psalm 88 (89)" FRE GER ; composed by Emma Lou Diemer.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Bible or other Sacred Texts , Psalm 89, lines 11 and 14a [an adaptation] ENG ENG ENG FRE ; composed by Joseph Rheinberger.
Researcher for this text: Guy Laffaille [Guest Editor]
This text was added to the website: 2010-02-21
Line count: 30
Word count: 195