Regentropfen aus den Bäumen Fallen in das grüne Gras, Tränen meiner trüben Augen Machen mir die Wange naß. Wenn die Sonne wieder scheinet, Wird der Rasen doppelt grün: Doppelt wird auf meinen Wangen Mir die heiße Träne glühn.
About the headline (FAQ)View text with footnotes
- by Klaus Groth (1819 - 1899), appears in Hundert Blätter, Paralipomena zum Quickborn, first published 1854 [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "Nachklang", op. 59 (Acht Lieder und Gesänge) no. 4 (1873), published 1880 [low voice and piano], Leipzig, Rieter-Biedermann [text verified 1 time]
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "Regenlied", WoO posth. 23, published 1908. [text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , title 1: "Raindrops from the Trees", copyright ©
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , title unknown, copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Chant de la pluie", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , title unknown, copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 8
Word count: 38