Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Regentropfen aus den Bäumen Fallen in das grüne Gras, Tränen meiner trüben Augen Machen mir die Wange naß. [Wenn die Sonne wieder scheinet,]1 Wird der Rasen doppelt grün: Doppelt wird auf meinen Wangen Mir die heiße Träne glühn.
About the headline (FAQ)View original text (without footnotes)
1 In "Regenlied": "Scheint die Sonne wieder helle,..."
- by Klaus Groth (1819 - 1899), appears in Hundert Blätter, Paralipomena zum Quickborn, first published 1854 [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "Nachklang", op. 59 (Acht Lieder und Gesänge) no. 4 (1873), published 1880 [ low voice and piano ], Leipzig, Rieter-Biedermann [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "Regenlied", WoO posth. 23, published 1908 [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , "Raindrops from the Trees", copyright ©
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Chant de la pluie", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Elisa Rapado) , copyright © 2020, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 8
Word count: 38
Gocce di pioggia dagli alberi cadono e inumidiscono il verde prato, dai miei occhi tristi lacrime scendono e il mio viso ne è tutto bagnato. Quando il sole tornerà a splendere l'erba sarà ancora più verde e lucente: ma due volte più forte resterà ad ardere, sulle mie guance, il pianto rovente.
About the headline (FAQ)
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2010 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Klaus Groth (1819 - 1899), appears in Hundert Blätter, Paralipomena zum Quickborn, first published 1854
This text was added to the website: 2010-01-10
Line count: 8
Word count: 52