Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
Gretchen Wolkenzug und Nebelflor Erhellen sich von oben. Luft im Laub und Wind im Rohr, Und alles ist zerstoben.
- by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749 - 1832), appears in Faust, in Der Tragödie erster Teil (Part I) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Julius Röntgen (1855 - 1932), "Walpurgisnacht", 1931 [solo voices, chorus, orchestra, and organ], from Aus Goethes Faust, no. 11. [ sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "Notte di Valpurga", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Ferdinando Albeggiani
Text added to the website: 2011-03-01 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:04:15
Line count: 5
Word count: 19
Margherita Nuvole in viaggio, veli di nebbie si rischiarano là in alto. Brezza fra foglie, vento nel canneto, tutto, alla fine, è svanito.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2011 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749 - 1832), appears in Faust, in Der Tragödie erster Teil (Part I)
Text added to the website: 2011-03-06 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:04:16
Line count: 5
Word count: 23