Thank you for visiting!
If you haven't already, please consider donating.
Visitor donations keep us online and growing!
De sidste gæster vi fulgte til grinden; farvellets rester tog nattevinden. I tifold öde lå haven og huset, Hvor toner söde Mig nys berused. Det var en fest kun för natten den sorte; Hun var en gæst kun, -- og nu er hun borte.
- by Henrik Ibsen (1828 - 1906), "Borte!", written 1871, appears in Digte [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive):
- by Eyvind Alnæs (1872 - 1932), "Borte" [sung text not yet checked]
- by Tor Aulin (1866 - 1914), "Borte!" [ voice and piano ] [sung text not yet checked]
- by Edvard Grieg (1843 - 1907), "Borte", op. 25 (Seks digt af Henrik Ibsen) no. 5 (1876), published 1876 [sung text checked 1 time]
- by Kjell Habbestad (b. 1955), "Borte" [sung text not yet checked]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist ; composed by Victor Emanuel Bendix.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Nigel Parker) , "Gone", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Pierre Mathé) , "Partie !", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) [singable] (Anonymous/Unidentified Artist) , "Geschieden"
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 12
Word count: 43