Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Rezitativo: Lukas Der Landmann hat sein Werk vollbracht, und weder Müh' noch Fleiß gespart. Den Lohn erwartet er aus Händen der Natur, und fleh't darum den Himmel an.
- by Gottfried, Freiherr van Swieten (1733 - 1803) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by (Franz) Joseph Haydn (1732 - 1809), "Der Landmann hat sein Werk vollbracht", Hob. XXI:3 no. 4a, first performed 1801 [tenor and orchestra], from Die Jahreszeiten, no. 4a, (Der Frühling) [text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Le paysan a terminé son travail", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , title 1: "Il contadino ha completato i suoi lavori", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website: 2012-01-05
Line count: 5
Word count: 28
Recitativo: Luca Il contadino ha completato i suoi lavori senza risparmio di pene o fatiche. Ora attende la ricompensa dalle mani della Natura e per questo volge preghiere al Cielo.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2012 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
This text was added to the website: 2012-03-08
Line count: 5
Word count: 30