Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Schöne du, Erbarmerin, Weil mir deine Augen lachen: Nimm mein Lied in Gnaden hin - Schöne du, Erbarmerin. Nimm mein Herz in deine Hand, Wieg mein Lied in Trost und Träume, Schöne, himmelhergesandt, Nimm mein Herz in deine Hand. Alles wird dann ruhig sein, Denn die Heimat ist gefunden. Kehrt mein Herz in deinem ein, Alles wird dann ruhig sein.
- by Otto Julius Bierbaum (1865 - 1910), "Devotionale", appears in Gemma [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Ludwig Wilhelm Andreas Maria Thuille (1861 - 1907), "Devotionale", op. 27 (4 Lieder) no. 1. [text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Sharon Krebs) , title 1: "Devotional", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Religieux", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Pierre Mathé) , title 1: "Dévotion", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Sharon Krebs [Guest Editor]
This text was added to the website: 2008-04-28
Line count: 12
Word count: 60
Lovely one, merciful one, Because your eyes smile upon me: Accept my song with grace - Lovely one, merciful one. Take my heart into your hand, Rock my song in solace and dreams, Lovely one, sent to me from heaven, Take my heart into your hand. Everything will then be at peace, For the homeland has been found. If my heart enters into yours, Everything will then be at peace.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to English copyright © 2012 by Sharon Krebs, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Otto Julius Bierbaum (1865 - 1910), "Devotionale", appears in Gemma
This text was added to the website: 2012-07-11
Line count: 12
Word count: 70