Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
¿De dónde venís, amore? Bien sé yo de dónde. ¿De dónde venís, amigo? Fuere yo testigo!
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Joaquín Rodrigo Vidre (1901 - 1999), "¿De dónde venís, amore?", 1948, from Cuatro madrigales amatorios, no. 3. [ sung text checked 1 time]
Set in a modified version by Enriquez de Valderrábano.
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Michael P. Rosewall) , "From where have you come, lover?", copyright © 2017, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "D'où viens-tu, amour ?", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , "Wo kommst du her, mein Liebes?", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:16
Line count: 4
Word count: 16
D'où viens-tu, amour ? Je sais bien d'où. D'où viens-tu, amour ? Je voudrais être témoin !
- Translation from Spanish (Español) to French (Français) copyright © 2012 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
Text added to the website: 2013-01-10 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:05:07
Line count: 4
Word count: 17