By the willows of the Eastern Gate, whose [ ... ]
- by Arthur Waley (1889 - 1969), "By the willows", appears in The Book of Songs, first published 1937, copyright © [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
- a text in Chinese (中文) by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist, appears in Shi Jing (or Schi-King) - Classic of Poetry - Book of Songs -- Book of Odes -- Chinesische Liederbuch [text unavailable]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Emma Lou Diemer (b. 1927), "By the willows", 1965, published 1976 [high voice and harp or piano], from Four Chinese Love-Poems, no. 3, Seesaw Music Corp./Subito [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in Czech (Čeština), a translation by Ladislav Dolanský (1857 - 1910) ENG GER ; composed by Zdenko Antonín Václav Fibich.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist CZE ENG ; composed by Zdenko Antonín Václav Fibich.
This text was added to the website: 2013-02-08
Line count: 6
Word count: 50