Composer: William Howard Schuman (1910 - 1992)
[Also see this composer's texts set to music]
Listing of art song and choral settings in the database
[x] indicates a placeholder for a text that is not yet in the database
Note: A language code in a blue rectangle like ENG indicates that a translation to that language is available.
* indicates that a text cannot (yet?) be displayed on this site because of its copyright status.
A grey rectangle like FRE indicates a particular translation (usually one set to music) exists but isn't yet available.
Song Cycles, Collections, Symphonies, etc.
- A Free Song [cantata]
- Carols of Death
- no. 1. The last invocation (Text: Walt Whitman)
- no. 2. The Unknown Region (Text: Walt Whitman) FRE GER
- no. 3. To All, To Each (Text: Walt Whitman) FRE
- Five Rounds on Famous Words
- no. ?. Beauty (Text: John Keats)
- Four Canonic Choruses
All titles of vocal settings in Alphabetic order
- [No Title] [multi-text setting] (in A Free Song)
- Beauty (in Five Rounds on Famous Words) (Text: John Keats)
- Come not (in Four Canonic Choruses) (Text: Alfred Tennyson, Lord) GER
- Epitaph (Text: Edna St. Vincent Millay)
- God's World (Text: Edna St. Vincent Millay)
- Holiday Song (Text: Genevieve Taggard) *
- Night Stuff (in Four Canonic Choruses) (Text: Carl Sandburg)
- Orpheus with his lute (Text: John Fletcher) DUT FIN FRE GER GER GER
- Song of the banner (in A Free Song)
- The last invocation (in Carols of Death) (Text: Walt Whitman)
- The Unknown Region (in Carols of Death) (Text: Walt Whitman) FRE GER
- To All, To Each (in Carols of Death) (Text: Walt Whitman) FRE
Last update: 2019-07-18 17:56:29