Orfeus med sin lutas klang . . . . . . . . . .— The rest of this text is not
currently in the database but will be
added as soon as we obtain it. —
- by Wilhelm (Vilhelm) Eugen Stenhammar (1871 - 1927)
- a text in English possibly by John Fletcher (1579 - 1625) and possibly by William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616)
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Wilhelm (Vilhelm) Eugen Stenhammar (1871 - 1927), "Orfeus med sin lutas klang", 1923, from an incomplete opera (with Stenhammar's own libretto) based on Shakespeare's "Twelfth Night"
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in French (Français), a translation by Maurice Bouchor (1855 - 1929) DUT FIN GER GER GER ; composed by Charles Bordes.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist DUT FIN FRE ; composed by Eduard Lassen, G. K. Witte.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Eduard von Bauernfeld (1802 - 1890) DUT FIN FRE ; composed by Wilhelm Taubert.
This page was added to the website: 2009-02-18