Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
Amor, la tuo beltà non è mortale: nessun volto fra noi è che pareggi l’immagine del cor, che ’nfiammi e reggi con altro foco e muovi con altr’ale.
About the headline (FAQ)
- by Michelangelo Buonarroti (1475 - 1564), no title, written 1533, appears in Rime, no. 49 [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by André Boucourechliev (1925 - 1997), "Amor", 1995, published 1998 [high voice, flute, and piano], from Trois fragments de Michel-Ange, no. 2, Editions Salabert [text not verified]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Amour", copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , title 1: "Amor", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Text added to the website: 2014-11-29 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-11-29 17:01:12
Line count: 4
Word count: 28
Amour, ta beauté n'est pas une chose mortelle : aucun visage parmi nous ne peut égaler l'image du cœur que tu enflammes et domines avec un autre feu et émeut avec d'autres ailes.
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to French (Français) copyright © 2014 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in Italian (Italiano) by Michelangelo Buonarroti (1475 - 1564), no title, written 1533, appears in Rime, no. 49
Text added to the website: 2014-12-12 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-12-12 22:43:25
Line count: 4
Word count: 33