Some of the following material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. Printing copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information, contact us at:
Before writing, please read the instructions below the translations (under Authorship). Always include the names of the translators in your email if you wish to reprint something!
Auf Balzacs Spazierstockgriff: ich breche alle Hindernisse. Auf meinem: Mich brechen alle Hindernisse. Gemeinsam ist das "alle".
- by Franz Kafka (1883 - 1924) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by György Kurtág (b. 1926), "Zwei Spazierstöcke", op. 24 no. 1o (1985-6) [ soprano and violin ], from Kafka-Fragmente, no. 1o [sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Laura Prichard) , "Two walking sticks", subtitle: " (Authentic - Plagal)", copyright © 2020, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Deux bâtons de marche", copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Ferdinando Albeggiani
Text added to the website: 2009-05-20 00:00:00
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:03:14
Line count: 3
Word count: 17
On Balzac's walking stick handle: "I overcome all obstacles." On mine: "I'm overcome by all obstacles." They've both got that "all."
Subtitle: " (Authentic - Plagal)"
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to English copyright © 2020 by Laura Prichard, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
Text added to the website: 2020-01-08 00:00:00
Last modified: 2020-01-08 00:14:08
Line count: 3
Word count: 21