Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Вечер отрадный Лёг на холмах, Ветер прохладный Дует в полях, Дует, ласкает Травку, цветы, Тихо качает Розы, кусты. Роза младая Льёт аромат, Птички, порхая В роще поют.
- by Aleksey Nikolayevich Pleshcheyev (1825 - 1893), "Вечерняя песенка" [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Modest Petrovich Musorgsky (1839 - 1881), "Вечерняя песенка", 1871, published 1912. [text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Chant du soir", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 12
Word count: 27
Une agréable soirée Repose sur les collines, Une brise fraîche Souffle dans les champs, Elle souffle et caresse L'herbe et les fleurs, Et agite doucement Les rosiers et les buissons, Une jeune rose Répand son parfum, Les oiseaux en volant Chantent dans le bosquet.
- Translation from Russian (Русский) to French (Français) copyright © 2015 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in Russian (Русский) by Aleksey Nikolayevich Pleshcheyev (1825 - 1893), "Вечерняя песенка"
This text was added to the website: 2015-11-10
Line count: 12
Word count: 44