Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
O vos omnes, qui transitis per viam, attendite, et videte Si est [dolor]1 sicut dolor meus.
1 Wallach: "dolor similis"
- by Bible or other Sacred Texts , from Lamentations, I, 12 [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Pablo Casals (1876 - 1973), "O vos omnes" [chorus] [text verified 1 time]
- by Carlo Gesualdo da Venosa (c1561 - 1613), "O vos omnes" [text verified 1 time]
- by Joelle Wallach (b. 1946), "O vos omnes", from Three Short Sacred Anthems, no. 2. [text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Joelle Wallach) , title 1: "O all you", copyright ©, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) (Lau Kanen) , title 1: "O, gij allen", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , title 1: "O ihr alle", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Ô vous tous", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 3
Word count: 16
O ihr alle, die ihr vorbeigeht, merkt auf und seht, ob ein Schmerz ist gleich meinem Schmerz.
- Translation from Latin to German (Deutsch) copyright © 2015 by Bertram Kottmann, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Bertram Kottmann.  Contact: BKottmann (AT) t-online.deIf you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
This text was added to the website: 2015-12-01
Line count: 3
Word count: 17