Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
O vos omnes, qui transitis per viam, attendite, et videte Si est [dolor]1 sicut dolor meus.
1 Wallach: "dolor similis"
- by Bible or other Sacred Texts , from Lamentations, I, 12 [author's text checked 1 time against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Pablo Casals (1876 - 1973), "O vos omnes" [chorus] [text verified 1 time]
- by Carlo Gesualdo da Venosa (c1561 - 1613), "O vos omnes" [text verified 1 time]
- by Joelle Wallach (b. 1946), "O vos omnes", from Three Short Sacred Anthems, no. 2. [text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Joelle Wallach) , title 1: "O all you", copyright ©, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) (Lau Kanen) , title 1: "O, gij allen", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , title 1: "O ihr alle", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Ô vous tous", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Emily Ezust [Administrator]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 3
Word count: 16
O, gij allen die langs deze weg voorbijgaat, Kijk en zie, Of er een verdriet is gelijk aan het mijne.
- Translation from Latin to Dutch (Nederlands) copyright © 2011 by Lau Kanen, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., please ask the copyright-holder(s) directly.
Lau Kanen.  Contact: boudewijnkanen (AT) gmail (DOT) com
If the copyright-holder(s) are unreachable for three business days, please write to:
This text was added to the website: 2011-06-13
Line count: 3
Word count: 20