Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Verstecke sind unzählige, Rettung nur eine, aber Möglichkeiten Der Rettung wieder so viele wie Verstecke.
- by Franz Kafka (1883 - 1924) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by György Kurtág (b. 1926), "Verstecke", op. 24 no. 1c (1985-6) [ soprano and violin ], from Kafka-Fragmente, no. 1c [sung text checked 1 time]
- by György Kurtág (b. 1926), "Verstecke", op. 24 no. 3j (1985-6) [ soprano and violin ], from Kafka-Fragmente, no. 3j [sung text not yet checked]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Laura Prichard) , "Hiding places", copyright © 2020, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Cachettes", copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Researcher for this text: Ferdinando Albeggiani
This text was added to the website: 2009-05-20
Line count: 3
Word count: 15
Il y a d'innombrables cachettes, mais seulement un salut, mais à nouveau il y a autant de chemins vers le salut que de cachettes.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to French (Français) copyright © 2016 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
This text was added to the website: 2016-12-14
Line count: 3
Word count: 24