Attention! Some of this material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material without permission. It is also illegal to reprint copyright texts or translations without the name of the author or translator.
To inquire about permissions and rates, contact Emily Ezust at
If you wish to reprint translations, please make sure you include the names of the translators in your email. They are below each translation.
Note: You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
Ya que este mundo abandono antes de dar cuenta a Dios, aquí para entre los dos mi confesión te diré. Con toda el alma perdono hasta a los que siempre he odiado. ¡A ti que tanto te he amado nunca te perdonaré!
- by Ramòn Maria de las Mercedes de Campoamor y Campoosorio (1817 - 1901) [author's text not yet checked against a primary source]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Joaquín Turina (1882 - 1949), "Nunca olvida...", op. 19 no. 2 (1917), published 1923 [soprano and piano or orchestra], from Poema en forma de canciones, no. 2, Madrid: UME [ sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Andrew Schneider) , "Never forget...", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Jamais n'oublie...", copyright © 2017, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Research team for this text: Jeroen Scholten , Guy Laffaille [Guest Editor]
This text was added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Line count: 8
Word count: 42
Now that I abandon this world, before rendering account to God, I will tell you my confession here, face-to-face. I pardon with all my soul even those people I have always hated. As for you, whom I have loved so much, I will never forgive you!
- Translation from Spanish (Español) to English copyright © 2018 by Andrew Schneider, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
- a text in Spanish (Español) by Ramòn Maria de las Mercedes de Campoamor y Campoosorio (1817 - 1901)
This text was added to the website: 2018-06-29
Line count: 8
Word count: 46